Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, today A guy south of me was having a garage sale and he had a lot of stuff. A lot of old farm tools and such but he had this little guy setting there with a tag that says JD lawn tractor runs excelent 700.00 I drove it around and mowed with it and it mowed real nice. and it even comes with 3 rear tire chains! I thouhgt to myself that this might make a better chore tractor then the 140 I own because these are a lot more common then a '68 140 and besides that I'm so scared that something bad might happen to it while using it like a scratch or the hood cracking. Weird things are always happening to me. I figured that when spring comes and it thaws it would be better to have this on the drag and doing early yard work vs. the 140 since it gets so filthy. So now I'm going to put my original 140 up for sale (see classfieds in the next couple of days) He also had a nice '73 4230 that he was trying to sell. I wish my dad would buy it and replace the 4020 but he's happy with it I guess.

What she's going to replace

And a couple of pictures of the 4230. It would be a nice tractor.

I'm having troubles posting some pictures. There all resized the same but I guess some must have more killobites or something. So there should be more then what you are seeing. Questions and comments are welcome. Thanks Eric Tenney

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scooter, How do you mean? that is very cheap? My dad decided to keep the old '68 gas burning 4020. Were going to build a new house so he figures why not keep whats paid for. And he likes the PS tranny although I woulden't think QR is too hard to run on a loader.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That and there a lot more comfortable. My dad threw me out on the 4430 disking when I was 11 years old. You can't imagine how proud I was. I did 3/4 of the farm he went around the fields 3 times for me and the rest was up to me. At least you can't screw up to much with a disk excpet turning with the blades in the ground and I never did that. I have already had a lot of interest in my 140 and I haven't even listed it yet. I'm happy. I need to take it up and powerwash it up real nice and then I'm going to put my H3 valve and handle's on it since I'm having a hard time selling it for $120 maybe I'm to high but now I have a use for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.