Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
318 W/ 48" deck, hyd tiller, 49 snowblower, 519 cart. Traded in
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lost on the Internet can not remember where I seen It. It is mounted on the front quick hitch. He could move it sideways and up and down. If anyone seen it and remind where if you could let me know. Thank You

About noon in places I have 1/4-3/4” off ice on the driveway
I think my truck would slide down sideway. We can get snow on to of the ice.
Thank You
Rod in MN

· Registered
318 W/ 48" deck, hyd tiller, 49 snowblower, 519 cart. Traded in
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a center blade to scraper some ice from my driveway. On the front i feel like something like a roller aerator type device would be best to break it up firstly

View attachment 287880
Hi Mike, I had a center blade on my 318 I had to turn it to get one end to bust up the. I had to stand on the endl didn’t mount it on my 425 AWS . I might try to mount it on my X738 4X4. That’s a good idea with the aerator or a over seeder with the thin ******. Have down pressure on it.

The disk blade with down pressure on it and it benign tapered you would think that it would get under the ice and lift it up

Thank You
Rod in MN

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I have a gravel drive and my Ice ripper solution can be found here

have shanks on the back of my load lifter and with some weight I can get them to dig into the ice and rip it up.

· Registered
28 Posts
Yes I have seen that video. Can’t recall where. I suspect YouTube. I just did a quick search but couldn’t find it. But I did find the same concept on a skid steer. This was the name of that video, “The best tool for cleaning frozen paddocks! Ice scraper on skidsteer removes frozen cow manure too.”
Automotive tire Vehicle Snow Bumper Motor vehicle

· Registered
28 Posts
The scraper blade is static, it does not spin. The arm is controlled by the Quick Hitch hydraulics to move it up/down and left/right. From the video it looks like he swings it right and left so the scraper can get under the ice.

· Registered
44 Posts
The "John Deere X758 Ice scraping/breaking Attachment” is a cool attachment to remove ice from your driveway. I had an old Murry lawn tractor with a blade on it I used for the same purpose on asphalt. When I upgraded to a 140 H3, I mounted a 54" front blade on it with both cylinders and that worked great to lift layers of ice. I sold the 54" blade and mounted a blower and kind of miss having the blade at times.
Could a mount be put on the back with a disc to shear the ice off of the pavement?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts