Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda like the new modern look, but am having a difficult time relearning where everything is now....so, in the new forum, where is the serial number lookup and registry?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
They were not able to bring over in the migration and don't know if they can.

·
Administrator
6,094 Posts
I posted an query to the VS guys about this. Hopefully they can get it back. We're also missing the Model Info section.

Reactions: jg316

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Oh Boy 😣😣

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I posted an query to the VS guys about this. Hopefully they can get it back. We're also missing the Model Info section.
Isn't that under the Everything Else section, Resources forum or you referring to something else?

·
Registered
578 Posts
hope that its able to be moved over, I really liked both of those sections! It was a nice reference point to look through and learn about the model and then to go threw the registry was super fun as well!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was also wondering about the registry, I sure hope we get it back!

Reactions: jimbomsg

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
At the risk of being cancelled...upgrades are Borg protocol, not optional...for better or worse. Kinda like the patented systems Deere uses to keep producers from fixing their own equipment...not a fan but there it is. Every time I get my work laptop working right for a month or two...the mother ship pushes an upgrade out on the network overnight and then it's 2 months of fixing/tweaking/cussin and fussin. But the exit gate is near so I persist...

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Sure have ruined a great page! It sucks now!!

Reactions: jd140

·
Registered
175 Posts
I made a suggestion to move the registry, serial number lookup, and model info over to a different website if it was possible. Hope they can make it work.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I made a suggestion to move the registry, serial number lookup, and model info over to a different website if it was possible. Hope they can make it work.
Even take the registry and put into Excel filetype data base. Yeah it probably be a big file but at least it can be downloaded by individuals for reference.

Reactions: jake_vc

·
Registered
175 Posts
Even take the registry and put into Excel filetype data base. Yeah it probably be a big file but at least it can be downloaded by individuals for reference.
Only thing we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Reactions: jd140 and lt230s

·
Registered
578 Posts
any word on a update for this?

Need to order some parts for my 74 140 and of course I don't have the serial number for it but I know I had it in the registry and could get it from there but now with out the registry I'm back to not having it.
I can get the number when I get back home but part of the reason to put it in the registry was to be able to look that number up when/if I needed simple and easy and not i'm out of luck on that end.

just wondering is all?

·
Administrator
366 Posts
At this time I don't believe as a solution has been found for this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
578 Posts
Cricket is it still being pursued?

I thought the registry was one of the neat features of the old site just to go threw the serial numbers and the years was fun to look them up.

·
Administrator
366 Posts
Cricket is it still being pursued?

I thought the registry was one of the neat features of the old site just to go threw the serial numbers and the years was fun to look them up.
I do know they are still looking at this, but I don't want to make any promises until I know if it can be done.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I do know they are still looking at this, but I don't want to make any promises until I know if it can be done.

- Cricket
Well maybe they should look at it a little harder. This was a valuable tool/information on the old site. The least they could do is take that info and put in a database and create a file (PDF) that can be down loaded or looked at. Not a computer geek by any means, but I'm sure someone at VS could figure that out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I assume the problem is the old forum program was capable of running the databases but the new one is incapable of doing so. The Excel Sheet/PDF isn’t a bad idea, though I would suggest using a Google Sheet instead due to the fact that it updates in real time, and if someone wants to download a copy as an Excel they can do that to.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I don't know if all models are listed, but Tractordata.com has a pretty thorough list of serial numbers & date range, as well as jdparts. Jdparts also lists serial numbers of attachments with years produced. Bob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts