Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I assume the problem is the old forum program was capable of running the databases but the new one is incapable of doing so. The Excel Sheet/PDF isn’t a bad idea, though I would suggest using a Google Sheet instead due to the fact that it updates in real time, and if someone wants to download a copy as an Excel they can do that to.
That seems a little odd, especially with all the new applications/technology available today as compared to when the old site was running. Again I'm old school so not familiar with all the coding, etc. that goes on behind the scenes to make these forums possible.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The reason I suspect that is due to the somewhat niche nature of the data bases that would likely mean the effort of coding and storing for them was cut to ease development and usage of the forum programs.

·
Administrator
6,094 Posts
I'm not a big fan of tractor data, plus we have a better source here for serial numbers in the Technical FAQ section, showing serial numbers by model by decade. There are files for the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. I have found too many mistakes with tractor data for me to take them too seriously. To me, I only use them if I exhausted all other means of finding the info, and then I only use them with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Thanks T-Mo. I was unaware of the serial number listing in the FAQ's. Bob

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had been scouring/searching the site hi and low for the registry. I thought there was something
wrong with me for not being able to discover it!....It was a great resource and needs to be
resurrected in some manner. IMHO, the forum has lost one of it's best assets!....(n) :(

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Bert, See T-Mo's post #23 and go to Technical FAQ section. There's several files there, so search through them. Bob

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes RW, I had noticed T-Mo's #23 but only recently, I had not visited the Community Help section previously.
Thank you for your helpful suggestion....(y)
Bert, See T-Mo's post #23 and go to Technical FAQ section. There's several files there, so search through them. Bob

21 - 28 of 28 Posts