Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It might be better if you put the deck on first.
That way it's easier to install the hangers on the lift arms. Also to make sure your attaching the hangers to the correct end of the lift arm.
It can be done backwards.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
The mower information is a PDF document, not a website -- so double clicking on it should allow you to view it in any PDF compatible reader...

·
Super Moderator
4,358 Posts
When I double click it downloads to download folder then in download folder I click on on the download and it opens as a PDF. It takes two steps.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The belt has extra twists in it.
If you have the deck lift arms correct and the mule drive installed properly, then it may be an adjustment issue.

Reactions: gj.duganx

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The belt has extra twists in it.
If you have the deck lift arms correct and the mule drive installed properly, then it may be an adjustment issue.
The mule drive is installed properly. I'm going by what chuck sent me the lift arms are correct but the deck is still sagging right side front. The adjuster on the mule drive is all the way out still after loosening to put the belt over the pullys.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It sounds like you need to shorten the yoke on that side. Turning the nuts to shorten will raise that side of the deck.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yes, the threaded rods.
The piece of metal on the end of those rods that connect to the deck are the yokes.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
You have extra twists in the belt as you show it in the above pictures. The manual that I sent you clearly shows the belt is 'folded' around the two mule drive pulleys to change the plane of the belt to match the drive (PTO pulley) to driven (deck pulley) as drawn here:
Automotive design Parallel Automotive exterior Auto part Font

Once the belt is installed correctly and proper tension set, then you can make the final and small adjustments to level the deck side to side and front to back...

Chuck

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Those of you with visualization difficulties may find this illustration helpful. It does not give a very clear view of the mule drive pulley, but it is easy to see where the belt changes direction. Call-out #14 is on the front panel of the mule drive...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Chuck

1 - 20 of 41 Posts