Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am trying to sell this for my dad and get it off my property. This has been sitting outside for over 30yrs. Hopefully someone could use it at least for parts. I don't know how he came up with the price but he is asking $1900 or best offer. If there are no offers within a few days I will need to cut it up and haul it out for scrap as I need it off my property. I am in the Western suburbs of Chicago. Please pm me with offers and a phone number so I can contact you. Thanks.
20180412_181053[1].jpg 20180412_181041[1].jpg 20180412_181123[1].jpg 20180412_181024[1].jpg 20180412_181037[1].jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
I use to drive one of these when I helped my Uncle. Much preferred our Johnny popper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will get there as well. I am not sure where he came up with the price. Hopefully he will be reasonable instead of having it go to scrap.

·
Banned
249 Posts
It's a Farmall Super M-TA
You know, I looked at this when it was posted, and I totally missed that. That definitely increases the value! But, in the condition it is in, open exhaust and sitting outside that long.... it would still take the right guy to purchase it. Hopefully it goes at least to a salvage yard, and not sold for scrap.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It would be a shame to cut that tractor up. It is a 1954 Farmall Super MTA made only one year. It seems to have everything it was born with except the seat pedestal, the belt pulley, muffler and the PTO guard. It has live PTO, rear hydraulics, and torque amplifier. It even has all it's stock lights. That model even has disc brakes. The grille is intact even with emblem and insert and that is highly unusual. It even has rear wheel weights which are getting harder to come by. I pulled one just like yours out of a field a number of years ago that had sat forty years. That tractor was restored and runs yet today. If I were 20 years younger I'd tackle that one in a heartbeat. But I live in town now and have no place to do restorations of that magnitude anymore. It doesn't look as though it's had calcium in the rear tires. Shoot, I would near bet if one put air in those rear tires they would hold air long enough to load the darn thing. The one I pulled out did and the tires don't look any worse on the one you have. However, you may find it tough to find someone wanting one bad enough to pay your asking price as you can buy very good "like" tractors from 6 to 10K..........................Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts