Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior of the bed of my JD 10 is showing the results of extensive use. The floor is covered with surface rust and it needs to be addressed. Simply power wire brushing and painting the surface only buys a little time. I am considering applying a coating of bed liner material (via brush or roller) after prepping the surface.

I have no experience with this material. I am interested in hearing peoples experiences with this type of material.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
The interior of the bed of my JD 10 is showing the results of extensive use. The floor is covered with surface rust and it needs to be addressed. Simply power wire brushing and painting the surface only buys a little time. I am considering applying a coating of bed liner material (via brush or roller) after prepping the surface.

I have no experience with this material. I am interested in hearing peoples experiences with this type of material.

Thanks
Use UPOL Raptor Spray in Bed liner. Used it on a couple of projects. Looks like line-x when done. Available on Amazon. Make sure to get the UPOL Gun Kit. Probably only need the two bottle kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those rattle can ones do not hold a candle to the two part type. The raptor kit is easy to use. 1. Add activator to liner container 2. Attach the Raptor container to the gun 3. Spray item with gun about 1 foot back 4.Repeat to get thickness desired 5. Clean gun with acetone. 6. Sit there with stupid grin on your face admiring how awesome it looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in a similar situation with the trailer for my leaf vacuum, very rusted floor and sides. I have had luck in the past with removing the ''chunky'' surface rust then using a POR15 base coat over the slightly rusted metal underneath. POR15 will convert the thin layer of surface rust into something non-reactive and stop the rust. You can then add a coat of bedliner, which i had done on the frame of my '82 C30 7 years ago and it is still holding up well. As to two part or not i cannot say, although it has been my experience that anything that requires a catalyst, such as a two part epoxy, is usually preferential to something which is relying on evaporation only to cure. Best of luck and make sure to show us some pics of her all fixed up!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think it depends on what you haul the most in the trailer . If you haul dirt/sand/grass that is slightly wet I would think the trailer with bed coating would not clean/dump well . Because of the granular surface . In that scenario I would think a shiny/slippery painted surface would work better . But if you haul stones/gravel or anything that is aggressive in its ability to cut/damage the surface then bed liner should be much better .

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I used spray can bed liner from Walmart on all my metal carts and have been satisfied with it. It was never grainy enough to make a difference when dumping the cart and was easy to touch up when some flaked off. Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts