Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,402 Posts
Leave the angled piece that is screwed into the block alone. That piece is about $85 new. Take it off after that. There should be just 1 bolt on the muffler itself and the U-bolt clamp. Loosen the clamp and a few taps with a rubber hammer should do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It must be not a original muffler. It screws directly into the block with the muffler and pipe one piece. That' s my problem. I can cut the muffler off but it still needs to be removed from the block:unkown:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
That’s a round fender muffler. That’s one piece.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Turn engine over so muffler is sticking straight up. Spray penetrating oil...Kroil recommended, PB Blaster may work...wait an hour, spray, wait. Put a pipe wrench of pipe and pull. If nothing happens/moves, more penetrating oil, more wait. Could take 3 days or more! Oil & patience is the key here. Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help My wife tells me I need patience, I tell her I"M not a doctor!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Those come off the easiest if you heat the exhaust pipe next to the block with a oxygen acetylene torch until cherry red and twist it off with a large pipe wrench. Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts