Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am brand new here so please go easy on me. I Purchased a H-3 140 This summer for $650.00 that came with a 48" Deck. It is in decent shape and runs great but needs some T.L.C. of which I Plan to take all way down this winter along with a Major Rebuild to it's original Engine. I am Not New to Old Classic John Deere tractors, as I started out 25 Years ago with my First one being a Model 70. I then Bought a 1965 110 of which I had The snowblower, and 38" deck, then a 216, and rebuilt a 120 of which I had a Cozy Cab, snow blower, front 54" Blade and a 48" Mowing deck and Like an idiot sold it. I Just sold a 1978 314 with a 48" Deck to Be replaced by this 140 as I Like the Older Tractors Much better. What actually Prompted this buy, was After Purchasing a Troy-Bilt tiller and replacing the Blown engine it had this summer, I used it to put in my Garden and that sure cured me of wanting to use that Tiller again. I don't know where that guy came from that is shown in their Add's tilling with one hand on the Troy-Bilt, but when I used mine it Catapulted straight out of the ground and Dragged me with it several times, so it cured me of wanting to use that again. !
I Picked up a Used 33 Tiller off Flea-Bay for $156.00 which I thought was very reasonable, but had to give $100.00 for the Lift rod to it, still making it a deal to me at $256.00, But I did not get the P.T.O. shaft so Yesterday I fabricated my own using a Pillow block Bearing, a used drive shaft, and some Universal V-Belt Pulleys. It seems to work fine, and I hope to get to use it today, But I was wondering if anyone could supply me a Picture Link or pictures of the 33 Tiller Operators manuel Tiller adjustments ? I would certainly appreciate it, and am glad I found this great forum. Best regards, Kurt

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Kurt

Welcome to the site.
I am south of you near Atlanta Georgia.
There are more and more southern boys on here all the time.
If I can help you anytime let me know.
Well except for a 33 tiller manual I mean.
I used to have a 33 tiller manual but sold it when I sold my 33 tiller.
Go back to ePay and type in 33 tiller manual and one should come up.
You can also try the want ads here.

AJ

·
Banned
1 Posts
I have an early (1983) 420. The PTO belt tensioner is the sliding post and concentric spring type. The parts are worn out,(post and sliding bearing support), Deere no longer lists them in the parts catalog. Can I convert to the later lever style tensioner or has anyone found a repair for the early tensioner assy. Thanks, BG Read

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
I would Like to Thank Forum Member Doug, for sending my a Picture of his 33 tiller Manuel. Here is what my P.T.O. shaft looks like that I had to make up as I could not find and Original one. I used a front drive shaft that run's from the engine to the front of the Hydro unit. I cut off the coupling it had on it, Then welded my Hydro Fan on the new shaft and Installed a Pillow Block 5/8" Bearing that can be Greased. I Placed Two 2" V-Belt Pulley's and Bought new smaller diameter belts to work with this. The Plate used to hold the Pillow block bearing is 3/16" Flat stock. If someone could make a bunch of these up, I know they would sell and to me this one is a much better idea using the Pillow block bearing rather than the original bearing that was in stamped steel. Thanks all, Hammerdown

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/140_PTO_Shaft_2.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/140_PTO_Shaft_1.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.