Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I understand that this part is no longer available from JD. (This is the part of the PTO which has friction lining. Since my PTO engages the mower deck but only turns the deck on high settings, I am wondering if this part should be relined. IF so, has anyone ever had this done and by whom? (Company??) I have made adjustments on the clutch linkage but have not tried it out yet...I have to re mount the deck. Thanks!!
Trying to make my 100 earn its keep!
Regards, John from Indiana

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have removed the PTO cup(s) from the drive shaft and just for grins, checked E bay and found a relined cup for a 100! I bought it and will install. It looks good. Also, when removing the old cup, I found that the Woodruff key was missing. Ace Hardware had them in the correct size. Will advise when completed and tested.
Regards, John

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I learned about Woodruff key but it took a while. After many attempts to set the top PTO friction cup on the drive shaft with the key in place (especially fun underneath the tractor upside down)I was unsuccessful. Then, checking the shop manual again (which does not elaborate on Woodruff keys, I checked the shaft and found the rounded edge should fit on it. I gently tapped the key into the shaft slot and it fit nicely. I then lightly tapped the friction cup on the shaft after lining up with the key and it finally went on. Remaining to be done: the rest of the PTO, belts and rehang the deck. Will advise. Regards, John

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on this project. Completed and working fine. Only problem is now blades still turn slowly when PTO is disengaged. Safety switch has failed. I will have to do some minor adjustments.
However, she is working again.
Regards, John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.