Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the introduction forum, I've been given two JD gts. A 260 which is a manual shift, and a 265, hydro. Trying to get the 265 running. Not sure if this is the right forum for these, but I've done a search and can not find any posts on these tractors. Main problem I have is the only good (?) Fc540v will run, but only a high speed, and does not pump oil. I've tried adjusting gov. still wide open throttle. Don't dare run it very long because not getting any oil up to the valve cover. This is going to get long. I've also had to split the case as the gov. arm was removed from this motor, and the gov. shaft fell into lower case. May have to split case again as I'm now not sure I got the gov. shaft in at the right place, or angle. inside the case was nice and clean. looks like oil changed on a regular interval. Oil pump screen was not plugged up, and no metal filings in the case. Other issue is both carbs are pretty much junk. tried cleaning best one but will only run on spray.

·
Administrator
6,336 Posts
Welcome to WFM. And yes, this is the right section (forum) for the late model L&G tractors. I probably have a service manual on these somewhere, but it may be a bit large to email (we can't add OMs and SMs to our site per JD legal). But I can add the 1988 brochure, which you will find these two tractors. It won't help with your engine problems, but it's a good resource for info on these two tractors.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,336 Posts
Send me your email address via a PM. The service manual is TM1426 is just over 22m. If your email provider can handle that size file, I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
How to PM?
Hover over his username and start a conversation/message/whatever the forum software calls it. May need to post some more and/or wait a week or so as I believe PM’s unlock after 10 posts and 10 days of membership

1 - 5 of 5 Posts