Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Jeremy,

Welcome to the WFM forum!

You will find a section in the engine manual for your tractor that covers the alternator -- there is no real detail in the service manual, TM1591. I do not have the diesel, my 322 tractors are the gas version of the Yanmar 3 cylinder, but the CTM12 engine manual for that engine covers both the Nippon Denso 35A and the Kokasan 20A alternators in some detail regarding disassembly, repair and reassembly.

You did not mention how long you have had your tractor, but getting the operator's manual, technical manual and engine manual would be a good investment in your ability to minimize the costs associated with unnecessary parts replacement. The satisfaction of doing it oneself is what many members here also relish...

Chuck

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Fifteen minutes and two M800123 bearings from your Deere dealer and you will be back in business. This alternator is so simple to rebuild it is silly. I have installed bearings in nearly a dozen of them. This is a brushless design so you just remove the nut on the rear and pull it apart.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Got a 96 455 that will not keep the tiller or anything up on the 3 point. I can raise it up and it just eases back down. My 430 will hold up 400lbs with no issues. What could this be? Fluid is full and clean. Valve somewhere?

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Chad it means there is a leak in the system. Could be the lift cylinder(s) or the control valves. It won't be a visible leak but the seals are allowing fluid to bypass them. How quickly does the implement drop down? If it takes overnight that is considered normal and the owners manual tells you to lower the attachments when when you stop the tractor. If I leave the deck up on my 345 it will be down in 4 or 5 hours. If its quicker it is time to replace some parts. Roger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.