Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 330 i always thought it was weird where the fuel filter housing was located. It didnt seem factory. Mines bolted to the intake. Its hard to find any engine bay images of 330’s. After looking at 332 images it looks like i am actually supposed to have a bracket that the filter housing attaches to. Mine looks like it broke. Where can i get this bracket? Can anyone confirm the proper location and parts for the filter housing?
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Auto part Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
635 Posts
You have a broken part M802216 that seems to be nla and is clearly shown in your third picture. That said it is nothing more than an L shaped bracket that could be "machined" with some flat stock, a hammer, a vice and hand drill. Although I congratulate the po on finding a threaded boss nearby and attaching it there. Besides needing a new element badly by my visual inspection, i am not sure the current install is actually detrimental in any way operationally.

Part #25 here its what I think has snapped.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a broken part M802216 that seems to be nla and is clearly shown in your third picture. That said it is nothing more than an L shaped bracket that could be "machined" with some flat stock, a hammer, a vice and hand drill. Although I congratulate the po on finding a threaded boss nearby and attaching it there. Besides needing a new element badly by my visual inspection, i am not sure the current install is actually detrimental in any way operationally.

Part #25 here its what I think has snapped.
That's great thanks. Yeah I could definitely make the piece although I'm more interested in getting an original piece. Im not sure when we bought this machine but it has been owned by us since at least the mid 90s so that part broke before then. The issue with where the filter housing is located now is that the throttle cable housing rubs on the plastic portion of the housing and wears into it from engine vibration. The filter was actually changed 40 hours ago. The dirtiness you are seeing is actually just me getting rid of some used engine oil by adding a little to the diesel. It just dies the diesel dark pretty fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts