Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using my JD 355D yestersday and twice it just shut off as I turned the key off. It would start right back up with no issues. I checked the seat switch out and it works fine when I test it with my meter. This leaves the ingnition control board or the fuel shut solenoid valve. I would assume tenxt tep it to repalce the ignition control board. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Explain the symptoms a little clearer please. Turning the key off usually means that the operator is ready for the engine to stop.
I just don’t understand what your problem is ???

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I was using my JD 355D yesterday and twice it just shut off as I turned the key off. It would start right back up with no issues. I checked the seat switch out and it works fine when I test it with my meter. This leaves the ignition control board or the fuel shut solenoid valve. I would assume the next step it to replace the ignition control board. Any ideas?
Thanks
Yeah, I'm at a lost on this too! How is this different than normal? What is normal from your perspective and usual history of operation.

·
Read Only
776 Posts
From what I do understand of how diesel engines operate I would say fuel shut off valve, or the wiring/connections for the fuel shut off valve. For an intermittent issue such as this, I always rig up a test light to whatever I am thinking the problem might be and I wait for the issue to reoccur.

Jared

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I would concur with lotsofspareparts on starting at the fuel shutoff solenoid valve, checking electrical first then the actual valve to make sure it is function correctly (pin retracting on end like it should)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sounds more like electrical to me - if it was the fuel shutoff, would it cut off that cleanly? I would have thought it would run rough for at least a tiny bit before it died. And then it would be hard to start as it would take a while to get fuel back to the injectors.

When it shut off, was the PTO engaged? Also, just because the seat switch itself works fine does not mean it's making good contact when it's in place in the seat - have you lost weight lately:)? More seriously, when I had a similar situation occur on my 455 it was the PTO switch going bad - it has happened twice.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts