Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to website. I just purchased an ALL steel Cozy Cab for my JD 445 (cab serial number CP22-71-227) for $600. The cab came with motorized wiper, heater that runs off radiator hoses, 2 front halogen lights, a rear halogen light, and a roof top beacon light. The plan is to restore the cab next spring, but I need to put it to work this winter first. I'm hoping someone can help me out with the following items. 1) How to plumb heater to 445 coolant system? 2) How to wire everything in cab to wiring on 445? Would like to go LED lights and radio when I restore next spring. Any pictures to help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
DD445,

Go to the Cozy Cab website and look at the manuals section.

You can get a pdf for your cab as well as the heater installation.

Enjoy your new cab.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here is a thread I authored for cab wiring:

http://www.wfmachines.com/forums/showthread.php/37241-Cab-and-Auxilliary-Wiring-for-a-4X5

The tractor was a 455. but as far as the cab wiring, it should be near identical to your 445, if not identical. My cab was a Femco, so there will be some differences. If you're going to add a radio, you'll need two additional power feeds. One that is full time battery (to power the memory and clock circuits) and the other from the output of the accessory relay, that is added as set forth in the above link. Be sure to add fuse protection for both, as close as possible to the source. Many of the aftermarket radios place their fuseholders directly behind the radio. This does nothing to protect the wiring between the source and the radio. You sure wouldn't want your tractor and cab to burn up from un-fused wiring that is damaged and shorted to ground.

I restored the Femco cab in the above link. Once I had the cab disassembled and the replacement components fabricated, I took the components to a local sandblast & powder coating shop. They sandblasted the cab components and powder coated them in JD green. They also did the mounts and powder coated them in gloss black. All for $350. It looks great and the powder coat is durable. I don't think you could fool around with other methods for that kind of money, durability, and appearance.

Do you have the service manual and wiring diagram for your 445? If not, you can download a copy here:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/334-john-deere/142324-john-deere-425-445-455-technical-manual.html

You'll need to pay attention to what electrical items you're adding. The stator circuit (charging circuit) of the 445 Kawasaki engine has a 15 amp maximum output. Your heater blower motor will consume most of that. You'll want to add up the current ratings of all the devices you're adding as well as those that are OEM. The total shouldn't exceed 13 amps, you need a cushion for the current to charge the battery.

Reactions: Grant Baker

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to everyone that replied. I was able to work on the cab installation this weekend. I was able to figure out the wiring mess from previous owner. I will have to clean everything up when I restore it next spring. For $600 I feel I got a great deal! Everything works and the heater is amazing, may have to wear shorts and tshirt! Thanks again for everyone's help. I'll be sure to post pictures of the restore when I get started. Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
i need a meatal cozy cab for john deere 445 if anyone has one i really want it
there is a wanted to buy section in the classified area you should put a post there you will have better luck also your location will help as well

have you looked in your local CL and Facebook area?

best of luck
this thread is also 4plus years old just sayin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts