Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting set to do some work to the front end on my JD60. It could definitely use some work, but I was hoping someone could let me know some of the common wear issues on these front ends. At this time the steering is quite loose, as are the wheels on the axles. Any advice would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
George, the front wheels have bushings that wear out, and are easily replaced. Other things are the ball joints on tie rod and drag link. Next thing is the steering gear box. It will need disassembly, cleaning, possibly new bearings, seal, and tapered stud, new grease and final adjustment.
Last time I looked, JD still had everything needed. Don't know if the one piece tie rod is still available, but there was a 3 piece replacement for it.
If you haven't explored "jdparts&#3#34; yet, do so. You will be able to look up all the parts and find out what is available.
Have fun with the 60!

tommyhawk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.