Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 970 which I thought the fuel shutoff solenoid went bad being about 26 yrs old. So I replaced it with a new one along with a new relay for it. However neither has fixed the issue. IF I jumper the 2 wires in the relay connector harness it engages the fuel solenoid however when plugged into the relay and I turn the key on the solenoid does not engage. I've traced the green wires in that part of the wire harness into the time delay control module but nothing looks wrong with that connection or inside of it

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Did you clean the contacts in both plug ends? oxide can be invisible to the eye and look normal. Do you have a meter to do a continuity check on those connections? Plus you've checked all the grounds too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked all the grounds being im unsure of where they are. This happened as I was backing the tractor up and it just shut off

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Go over the fuse box on the lower right of the tractor, check all fuses, check connections. Remember when doing continuity to remove the leads from the battery so you don't fry your meter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go over the fuse box on the lower right of the tractor, check all fuses, check connections. Remember when doing continuity to remove the leads from the battery so you don't fry your meter.
I will check those wires later today but unfortunately will be gone tonight so I will need to pick this back up next week.
would you know what the what the wires in the relay connector are? There are 5 wires.
white/black stripe- I believe this is power from the ignition
white/blue stripe -power from relay to fuel shut off solenoid
green/white strip - from relay to solenoid(is this the ground wire)
light green and a green/white strip wires go from relay to the time delay control module

1 - 6 of 6 Posts