Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "spare" JX75 mower. It will start easily in the choke position. As soon as I move the throttle lever from choke it immediately stalls. If I choke it again, it will start typically in one pull. I rebuilt the carburetor but still stalls.

Yesterday the drive belt broke on my "regular" JX75. So I pulled the spare unit out and planned to use it. However due to the stalling issue I could not use it. I decided to swap carburetors. I put the "regular" carb on the "spare" JX75 and it runs fine.

So the issue is the carburetor. Earlier I rebuilt the carburetor but still experienced the stalling issue. My question is "what did I miss cleaning that it stalls as soon as it comes off choke?"

·
Registered
856 Posts
I would guess that the main jet is completely or mostly blocked. Even though you rebuilt it, a foreign object could have ended up in there upon reassembly, or something dislodged unnoticed when you disassembled. Pull it apart again, check every gallery and orifice for cleanliness then reassemble - don't skip any, at least in the main jet circuit as that's the one that's not delivering. Don't forget the air passages either because they're an integral part of the operation. I'm not familiar with that carb but if it has an adjustable main jet, verify that it's open to the initial setting, usually denoted by the number of turns of an adjuster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts