Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

In keeping my small fleet of JD400's running; I try to buy Running JD 400's.

Well, this latest one, yesterday actually; came with a MODEL 20 FE Loader.
ONLY the LOADER is for sale!
Many more pics on my Profile albums, any questions, just ask
I don't need the loader. It is on a JD 400, am asking $1,800.00, Might consider Vintage Motorcycle Pre 1953, Indian Harley bikes or parts DSCN2411.JPG
DSCN2411.JPG

DSCN2411.JPG

From a previous discussion, on this forum; I know what to look for from your questions.

No rust-through
Works great Lifts, Curls
Cutting edge is great , I'll try to capture in pics
No welds or repairs
Not restored but paint seems to be freshened up

Located in Central PA, zip code 16636

Look at pics and ask questions. I'm not too good at adding pics, but I try

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Really surprised loader has not sold yet. Model 44's sell for $2700 and up, CTC loaders are more expensive and IMO are not as good a loader because they do not have their own hydraulic system. Good luck with the sale ... Gabby

Edit: I own a 332 w/CTC loader I want to modify loader with its own hydraulic system. Looking at your model 20 the left side mast is being used as a hydraulic reservoir. There is a hose from bottom of mast that run to ?. Does it run to opposite side mast and both masts are being used as a reservoir? I know the 400 has a drive shaft through front axle pivot. Can I see photos of pump mount and right side mast. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Reactions: winky

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the bucket width - 40”, 48”, or 60” ?
Sorry for the delay, I was off-line for a few days.

Loader width 48"

I forgot to mention to You that the Model 20 has it's own hydraulic pump, does not use the tractor hydraulics.

winky

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really surprised loader has not sold yet. Model 44's sell for $2700 and up, CTC loaders are more expensive and IMO are not as good a loader because they do not have their own hydraulic system. Good luck with the sale ... Gabby

Edit: I own a 332 w/CTC loader I want to modify loader with its own hydraulic system. Looking at your model 20 the left side mast is being used as a hydraulic reservoir. There is a hose from bottom of mast that run to ?. Does it run to opposite side mast and both masts are being used as a reservoir? I know the 400 has a drive shaft through front axle pivot. Can I see photos of pump mount and right side mast. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Yes gabby, The hydraulic system, for the loader has it's own hydraulic pump. I'll add that to my description

I will look tomorrow, at the routing of the hydraulic hoses; the tractor is in my shop but I an at home.

winky

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Thank you Winky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I was off-line for a few days.

Loader width 48"

I forgot to mention to You that the Model 20 has it's own hydraulic pump, does not use the tractor hydraulics.

winky
No problem. Did you see my earlier reply about me coming up to see it operate &, then take it off your 400, & take home with me after we agree on the price ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The hydraulic reservoir is on the left mast only Gabby. I haven’t got mine operational yet but I’m close. FWIW I paid 1800 for mine and the condition is very rough. Your loader is a great deal IMO.
TempletonJDguy, thanks for answering that question.

Gabby, I'll talk to you later, have to run and do farm stuff right now.

winky

Gabby,

I looked today, and the left upright, is the only oil reservoir.

I didn't take a pic; but I can get it tomorrow.

winky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts