Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to "macgyver" a plug aerator, about 4' wide, to pull behind my ca.1968 JD112 (manual lift, not hydraulic). I understand the movement of the lift rod back and forth actuated by the left hand lever, but can anyone tell me what the purpose is of the threaded bolt (red arrow) that's on the frame?
P1060261b.jpg

I've had the machine for about 7 years and it's been a good worker with some modifications, like a HF winch up front and an ignition work-around when the original failed. The Hellman's jug on the left axle is my way of catching leaks from a worn bearing. Works for me. Thanks for any tips on that mystery bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is, indeed, an adjustment bolt that goes under the fender pan as you all noted but the spring to it, if it ever had one, is long gone. As it is, the whole thing lifts and drops relatively easily from the lift lever, At low setting, it digs +/- 2 1/2" into the dirt, about what I want, dealing with a lot of clay in the back yard. The frame is from a stripped JD aerator spreader that required that I get out of the seat to lift or lower the unit, the plugs are Agri-Fab from amazon. The cable is on an S-hook under the fender pan for an easy disconnect.
P1060269.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts