Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a JD332, The pilot light for the glow plugs is not in the socket, but there is one pilot light that is just laying next to the row of other pilot lights on the other side. Does any one have a wiring diagram that shows the location of each pilot light?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your best bet would be to key on, engine off, wait 8-12 seconds or so for one light to go out. That's the glow plug light. Put that one in the corresponding socket. Again with the key on, engine off, unplug the temp sender for the coolant, and ground the wire. Whichever bulb comes ON is the coolant temp light. The low fuel light should come on briefly while the key is in the "Crank" position (I think the coolant temp light should too). The battery light and the oil pressure light should go out when the engine is running. I think you might be able to ground the oil pressure wire in order to turn that light OFF while the key is on, engine off. Lastly, the PTO light should come on when you turn on the PTO with the key on, engine off.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron-

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Glow Plug lamp socket is on the lower row far right side.

In the TM, under the Electrical Diagnostics section, there is an easy way to test the instrument lights that should work for you, providing the safety logic circuits are functioning on your tractor. With the key in the off position, move the PTO switch to the On position, then hold the hydro lever away from the Neutral slot pocket. Turn the key to the Start position. That allows you time to look at what instrument lights are on without starting the tractor. I did this procedure recently on my 332 because I wanted to see if the Low Fuel Circuit instrument lamp would come on (to verify if the circuit worked).

A couple of additional comments:
1. I thought my instrument lights were dim. What I found was the instrument bulbs were covered in a fine dust. A clean bulb can make a world of difference!
2. The fine dust was also in the instrument bulb cavity, so I took the instrument cluster housing out of the tractor. It is easy to do. After noting the location of each lamp and taking them out, just take the nuts holding the light switch and PTO switch on the viewing side of the dash off, and carefully remove the two push nuts on each side of the instrument cluster off. Note: These can be easily broken, so take your time.
3. Once I got the instrument cluster out and the instrument cluster lens off and the instrument bulb cavities cleaned out, I realized that the paint in each cavity was pretty much gone as well. After a through cleaning and some masking tape I sprayed each cavity with chrome paint.
4. I cleaned the instrument cluster lens while I was there too. BE CAREFUL DOING THIS TOO! The symbols for each bulb cavity appear to be painted on the back side of the lens. It is easy for the paint to flake off even with a soft clean paper towel.
5. At that point, I thought I would replace the lens (since I was, again, already there). I used the on-line JD Parts Catalog at: https://partscatalog.deere.com to look up the PN. Although the lens PN M75102 is listed, the dealership advised the part is NLA.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Glow Plug lamp socket is on the lower row far right side.

In the TM, under the Electrical Diagnostics section, there is an easy way to test the instrument lights that should work for you, providing the safety logic circuits are functioning on your tractor. With the key in the off position, move the PTO switch to the On position, then hold the hydro lever away from the Neutral slot pocket. Turn the key to the Start position. That allows you time to look at what instrument lights are on without starting the tractor. I did this procedure recently on my 332 because I wanted to see if the Low Fuel Circuit instrument lamp would come on (to verify if the circuit worked).

A couple of additional comments:
1. I thought my instrument lights were dim. What I found was the instrument bulbs were covered in a fine dust. A clean bulb can make a world of difference!
2. The fine dust was also in the instrument bulb cavity, so I took the instrument cluster housing out of the tractor. It is easy to do. After noting the location of each lamp and taking them out, just take the nuts holding the light switch and PTO switch on the viewing side of the dash off, and carefully remove the two push nuts on each side of the instrument cluster off. Note: These can be easily broken, so take your time.
3. Once I got the instrument cluster out and the instrument cluster lens off and the instrument bulb cavities cleaned out, I realized that the paint in each cavity was pretty much gone as well. After a through cleaning and some masking tape I sprayed each cavity with chrome paint.
4. I cleaned the instrument cluster lens while I was there too. BE CAREFUL DOING THIS TOO! The symbols for each bulb cavity appear to be painted on the back side of the lens. It is easy for the paint to flake off even with a soft clean paper towel.
5. At that point, I thought I would replace the lens (since I was, again, already there). I used the on-line JD Parts Catalog at: https://partscatalog.deere.com to look up the PN. Although the lens PN M75102 is listed, the dealership advised the part is NLA.
Yes, I noticed also that the bulbs had dust on them also, so I will clean them and start the troubleshooting of the lamps, Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts