Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Probably too late to help much, but several years ago I had a similar problem. The ol' memory is a little cloudy on it. I believe the carb. for the larger engine is longer overall. There was a big problem with the governor linkage not being compatible. I had to give it up and find a rebuildable carb. to fit correctly.
Not much to go on, but if you have both carbs. and governor set ups for both engines, maybe you can see the differences and work around them.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Forgot to welcome you to WFM in the other post.

I could be wrong, but I think the 11HP is too big to fit in the space allowed on the 68. Had an S92 for a while that had an 11 in it. It was a real tight fit as I recall. If you do a test fit with the 11HP, let us know if it will drop in.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took the 100 to a show this last weekend and alot of people had never seen one. Even had one man with a large display of Deere's call me a liar when i told him it was an actual tractor from Deere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can apparently still buy new carbs for the
Model 100 http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/shop/html/pages/products/Briggs_Stratton_Carburetors3162.html
I was able to rebuild my Flo Jet.
Rebuild kits available from Briggs also. I have also had encounters with organizations who "never heard" of a 100. One of the largest parts yards in Northwest Indiana which has about 600 tractors (most JD's) answered my recent inquiry with ("..a 100? Hey Joe, have you ever heard of a 100???..)
Oh well!!

Regards, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.