Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a recently acquired 111 that will need a new carb which is $70. I see on Craigslist a 160 for $100. Question is as the title asks. Would a 111 deck fit a 160?'

ETA: I looked up the 111 and it was built in 1982.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Different family of tractor so I kind of doubt it. My best advice is to join JD parts and search to see if parts are the same for both decks. Roger

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different family of tractor so I kind of doubt it. My best advice is to join JD parts and search to see if parts are the same for both decks. Roger
Thanks Roger, it was more a guess than anything. The 160 not having a deck isn’t the end of the world if I could find a plow for it...

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
I did some JD Parts research and the basic deck shell is the same on some 38 inch 160 and 111 decks but not all. Also some are completely different so buyer be where. Roger

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did some JD Parts research and the basic deck shell is the same on some 38 inch 160 and 111 decks but not all. Also some are completely different so buyer be where. Roger
You’re the man! Many thanks.

Can I pick your brain on one more? How similar are the RX73 and RX75?

I have a chance at one of each. Both are largely complete with both engines running. My question is can I freely swap parts between the two to make one running one? From looking at tractor data last night it appears so.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
You should look on JD parts for yourself. You will be happy you learned how to use. You have to join but costs nothing but you need to add a dealer. That allows you to look up prices and availabliltiy. If you can't find anything I will look some more for you. Roger

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should look on JD parts for yourself. You will be happy you learned how to use. You have to join but costs nothing but you need to add a dealer. That allows you to look up prices and availabliltiy. If you can't find anything I will look some more for you. Roger
Will do. you've been more than helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts