Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a lot of "Googling" I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for... I know of the Aux Hydraulics H3 conversion for the 300 series that uses the 420 series 3 spool hydraulic valve... but I wanted to see if there was a cheaper alternative way to achieve the H3 kit from parts at the local tractor supply store. I have attached a modified schematic of the 332 hydraulic system where by I would put a tee fitting on the in port and out port of the OEM hydraulic valve and add hydraulic lines to a 316 single-spool valve mounted on the left or right of the operators seat similar to aux. hydraulics 4x5 series H3 kit. I would then cap/splice in the new hydraulic spool to work either the rock shaft cylinder or the front ports for the angle cylinder for my blade. please let me know if any one has done this before or if you see any flow issues with the OEM hydraulic system. I found a reasonably priced 332 that comes with the tiller so i would love to convert it to an H3 hydraulic system for more versatility.

p.s. this is in very preliminary stages of planning and I don't have much hydraulic background so forgive me for any mis-information/mistakes o_O

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· Registered
1,284 Posts
Okay, I'm not a hydraulic pro, but I have converted my 140 to an H3 and I have converted my 332 to one as well.

That may be the easiest route (and it's still not super fun). But, it's doable, and still will require some plumbing to make it work.

I would then cap/splice in the new hydraulic spool to work either the rock shaft cylinder or the front ports for the angle cylinder for my blade.
This should work, and the H2 332 will be set up that way. The front right hyd. ports and the rear rock shaft are the same circuit. So, some opt for a rear lockout valve so the front ports work faster. (like running the 4 way blade)

The biggest hurdle for adding anything is space, it's pretty tight under there.

I think you could add as many spools as you want, but obviously you can't run everything at once. You also need to keep extra spools in line, and I would add them after the stock steering valve and spool.

I can't remeber if all years 332's are 5 port steering, but I'm pretty sure most of them are.

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
I can't remeber if all years 332's are 5 port steering, but I'm pretty sure most of them are.
I believe five port steering started mid 1986.

I think you could add as many spools as you want, but obviously you can't run everything at once. You also need to keep extra spools in line, and I would add them after the stock steering valve and spool.
Correct. Pressure in the first spool connects its input to the output of the first spool and so down the line. The lever first in line when used has control of all the pressure. Only one lever can be used at a time if full pressure is needed. I use two on my loader and the one needing less pressure will retract/extend first. Not pushing the lever all way forward/reverse will allow some pressure to a second one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts