Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 60 Lawn Tractor for sale. I would really like to sell the tractor, snow blower, wheel weights, manuals and associated equipment. All of it is in fairly good condition. The snow blower was actually used last about five years ago. Unfortunately, the tractor hasn't been run for about 3 years, but it has been stored in a garage the entire time. Please see the pictures. I am quite motivated to sell this baby, so please make me an offer. Asking $500 OBO for everything. It has got to go!!!!

Located in Suburban Detroit.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
from the serial ### I see it is a 1967 model.. lookin at the pics I also see what appears to b thumb screws on the side of the frame at the front of the rear fenders.. removin those thumb screws allowed the seat pan to b tilted rearward.. this gave the owner access to change the belt to the tranny to 2 other pulleys.. doin this made the tranny a 6 speed forward & 2 reverses..

I already have 2 of the 60's that have the double pulley on the tranny..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Price is right...unfortunately, I'm 8 hours south of you. Would love to have had it. Doc
Doc. several years ago I made a 15 hour round trip to get 2 JD 100 parts tractors.. both had set outside for the last 15-20 years.. a 1976 & 1978 models.. I got 2 good hoods from them.. then later found out that both engines would run.. in 1978 JD ran out of the engines they had on contract with B & S.. JD then used a regular 1/4 keyway crank to finish the run of parts they had left.. how many JD made with the standard cranks is unknown at this time.. the 78 model I got had mods done to the cone clutch so it would fit the standard crank..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rog Ole Pal, all I can say is, you're a better man than I am! I'm not much of a traveler. My wife and I do plan to take a trip up to Maryland this summer to visit 2 of our children/families (New Market, MD and Alexandria, VA) and I plan to run over and see Mitch Daly. He's holding a tractor for me and since I'll be pulling a trailer, I hope to come back with more than one! Doc

·
Administrator
6,132 Posts
Doc,
You could post a thread in our "Move It" forum just below the "For Sale" forum in our Classified section to see if you can catch a ride for it, if you really want to buy this 60.

Reactions: Doc

·
Registered
362 Posts
Never thought about that! Being ignorant is sometimes a problem. I may wait till I see what I may be able to pick up in Maryland from Mitch and his crew. Our daughter tells me there is also a JD vintage "graveyard - dealer" in New Market I'd like to take a look at. Thanks again, Doc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts