1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
For Sale ads require selling price.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If you are willing to ship, i am interested.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
That is a very fair asking price. I will be in south west PA next week but already have 3 of these sitting in my garage. Good luck with the sale ... Gabby

Reactions: capeangler

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a very fair asking price. I will be in south west PA next week but already have 3 of these sitting in my garage. Good luck with the sale ... Gabby
Hey Gabby, I see you are coming this way for the 318 and loader. I am about 30 minutes from there.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Msg's sent to Deere01 & Gabby.

These would be perfect for the 420 build.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I just did a UPS estimate for shipping and had no idea these would cost so much to ship. Nearly $150.00 each to ship :eek:

I feel like a turd for even thinking I could save money on these and dragging another member in on it. Good luck with the sale :)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I understand your post N2. I will not be picking up the starter weights ... Gabby

·
Registered
657 Posts
Deere01 are these weights still available ? I have a friend in north Virginia that might be able to swing by and get them . If they are available please PM me your address and phone number and see if we can make this happen . My new to me 430 can use these .

·
Registered
771 Posts
Deere01 are these weights still available ? I have a friend in north Virginia that might be able to swing by and get them . If they are available please PM me your address and phone number and see if we can make this happen . My new to me 430 can use these .

If these are the original 400 weights you will have to bore a 2" deep hole in the center of the weight for it to clear the axle nuts on the 430. The 400's did not have the axle nuts on them so the weights didn't have that recessed hole.

Reactions: jdx750

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Did you locate a buyer? I have been looking for a set of these for my 400. I'm in central ohio.
But my question is......there most definitely is a nut on the end of the axle on a 400. Not sure why a 400 starter is different from a 420 or 430 starter.
I dont get that, at all.
But anyway, if these are factory for a 400, then they must fit. How can they be verified that these are in fact the correct factory weight for the 400??

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
This is a starter weight for 3xx/4xx open frame tractor.
Wheel in 3rd photo is on a 332.
Starter weight mounted on 332
Starter weight and cast double notch mounted on 332.
Dishware Serveware Gas Automotive wheel system Plastic Fluid Sky Dishware Serveware Gas Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs
The back side of the starter weight has counter bore to allow clearance for axle nut. There is also a ring around the back side that provide clearance for the lug bolts.

This is mounted on my 332 with loader.

Reactions: jdx750 and jd140

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This is a starter weight for 3xx/4xx open frame tractor.
Wheel in 3rd photo is on a 332.
Starter weight mounted on 332
Starter weight and cast double notch mounted on 332.
View attachment 271475 View attachment 271477 View attachment 271476 View attachment 271478 View attachment 271479
The back side of the starter weight has counter bore to allow clearance for axle nut. There is also a ring around the back side that provide clearance for the lug bolts.

This is mounted on my 332 with loader.
Ok. That helps. I just dont understand why they have to be different. The 400 has axle nuts.

·
Registered
849 Posts
That outer ring rides on axle brake drum hub on a 400 and is spaced out from the axle nut by the ring. It seems to be one reason for the large wheel center. Any of the 400/420/430 weights work on a 400. Starters from a 400 need to be modified for a 420 or 430. I modified a second set of starter weights to nest in a stack but, if you enlarge this pic, you can see the wheel bolt circle and the weight relationship.

Automotive tire Vehicle Tread Tire Bumper

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Oh......ok. that makes sense. I was wondering if I can use a set from a newer tractor on my 400. These starter weights are still made new and you can buy them from most anywhere. Even Walmart.
Thank you for that explanation.
This fellow is no longer responding to this ad nor private message so I believe I'll move along. I hope he is ok. I found myself on a breathing machine in the hospital for a full week. So you never know what someone is going through.
I have others who will take my money and so I'll have to do thant.
Thanks once again for explaining the weight details.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts