Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to order this belt M120882 from Deere but it got canceled due to being discontinued even though Deere said available to order. Does anyone happen to know what size it is I can’t seem to find any specs listed anywhere for it.

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Have you tried taking M120882 part number to auto supply store that sells Gates belts and have them check cross reference?

I did that for pump drive belt for a 44 loader on a 332. They provided me with an excellent Gates belt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did Napa is getting me a gates b28 belt I’m going to swing by and grab it on the way home. I’m gonna install the quick hitch and try it tonight.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Yes, that is the belt number I saw online.

I just found an M120882 belt in new condition on shelf but I have 4 quick hitches and need the belt myself. Hope the B28 belt works for you ... Gabby

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer is still trying to get me one from another’s dealer inventory. I mainly wanted it on hand cause it’s easier to match up aftermarket belts with one in hand. I have the M120881 belt since my stuff came from a 318. I’m also concerned as gates list it as an alternator belt but if the size looks right I’m sure tractor supply will have a Kevlar belt I can match up.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Just looked up the part numbers.
  • M120881 is listed for 318 (Onan engines) ... would probably work on 316 with Onan engine
  • M120882 is for 322/332 (Yanmar engines)
Belt I just found is for 332 which I have one and may be used to add a CTC loader pump on my 332. Not sure which belt is in box with new PTO drive I just bought and 318 across street would have M120881 belt installed. I am still one belt short.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need the M120882 this is going on a 322, I’m sure I’ll figure it out with it being NLA gotta figure something out. M120881 is what came with my pto. I didn’t just drive 17 to Ohio and back for nothing lol.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I'm confused. JDParts shows both available. One is $27 other is $32 USD. Haven't checked with my dealer to see if this is true.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered one yesterday and my dealer called me to tell me every part I ordered for a 6x4 was good and should be at my house tonight but the belt was cancelled and no good.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I've got a 322 and if you don't mind my asking, what does that belt drive? Mule drive to deck? Deck secondary belt?

·
Registered
222 Posts
M120881 is used on a 318 / Onan.
M120882 is used on a 322/330/332 / Yanmar.
These belts are used for a 318 Quick hitch, PTO drive kit, and 47QH snowblower.
The belt runs between the special aluminum pulley bolted onto the PTO and the PTO drive kit that sits below in the mule drive slot.
It drives the 47QH snowblower drive shaft.

greenparts online shows M120882 as available now, but it may end up as discontinued if you order.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Ken, good answer but I need to make minor correction. Your comment "These belts are used for a 318 Quick hitch, PTO drive kit, and 47QH snowblower." The belt drives the quick hitch pto drive kit which drives the input shafts for the model 47 and the model 51 broom.

TMAC, Deere also manufactured a 540 rpm drive which you could connect to your elevator or any other small farm equipment that needed 540 rpm input shaft. M120551/882 where the belt used to drive this appartus. There is other belts using this secondary pulley to drive hydraulic pump for Deere 44 loader and other loaders that offered a pump to run the loader functions. The second pulley is what allowed you to leave your mower deck installed and use other front mounted attachments. Sometimes.

Reactions: NYKen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got home with my Napa belt and gates b28 is a replacement for M120882 and was only 12.99. Pleased to see the boxes states for industrial belt.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Congratulations ... Gabby

·
Registered
222 Posts
Next time I'm at NAPA I'll pick up a B28, as I do not have a spare!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey John, nice to hear from you, and thanks for the info on the NAPA Gates B28 belt.
It's good to see that you are adding to your snowblower equipment inventory!
You can't have too many snowblowers.

Edit - there are plenty of new Gates B28 belts at attractive prices on ebay.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
John, I know this is not about the QH belt but can I see a side view of your tractor with the green front rims? Thanks .... Gabby

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
John, I know this is not about the QH belt but can I see a side view of your tractor with the green front rims? Thanks .... Gabby
I didn’t paint them green the previous owner who passed away did it.
D44BBCFC-6338-4CC7-8346-FF1CFC47EE6F.jpeg

and when I brought it home
DE543F9E-6C4C-4638-9C58-B09DD90DB051.jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts