Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering my collection of tractors and parts for sale. Some of these I have had for over 20 years. There are both running and parts tractors. Lots of attachments including decks, blowers, tillers, Brinley disc, center blade, plow blades, weights, integral hitch, extra wheels and tires, parts and more. I want to sell the entire group as one lot. I really do not want to piece it out, there is too much to look through and price individually. I have the model years and serial numbers for most of the tractors written down and can refer to them if needed. The running tractors have all had their fluids changed recently. Look closely at the pictures to see what is shown, there is a lot of stuff! Round fenders, square fenders, headlight options, cab, and more. Some hard to find items for sure. A very quick and rough estimate of the entire collection was easily over $8,000. I am looking to get $6,000 for it. Now is the time to start, add to, or finish that collection you are working on! Please, serious inquiries only. Thanks for looking, Steve.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sir, I'm new to this forum and the purchase of a 1973 140 H1 prompted me to join up. I'm really enjoying this little machine and I can see where it can become addictive. I would like to convert my machine to a H3 and I was wondering if you might have the levers, hydraulics, and hoses to do this is sort of a package. I guarantee you know much more than I do about this. The way I tend to be I'd love to buy it all from you and have tons to play with but I need to reign myself in and concentrate on my little JD first. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am new to the posting part but have been on WFM for years. Sorry, I do not have what you are looking for except for the actual tractor itself. I had a hard time deciding to sell this stuff as I have had most of it for years, but I do not do much with them anymore. I am still keeping a select few, but the majority will hopefully go to a person that will appreciate them and the extra things. That is why I want to sell it all at once, as I may not be able to piece it out. Thanks so much for looking. I am trying to figure out how to edit my posting to show my location as West Central WI
...... :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am very interested but tight on funds at this time. If the collection doesnt sell within the next year contact me I will pay $8000 for all of it. I am waiting on the Army and the VA to work out my medical Retirement and Disability. That is why I am estimating such a long time frame.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
You should list the model year ans condition of the tractors. Hard to pick out what's all there in the pictures.

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delay in writing back and thanks to all for the input. I do not always have the time to log in and such so I apologize. I will include what I have written down but need to add to it when I get the time:
1968 60, runs good, includes deck.
1973 70, parts tractor.
1966 110, runs great, has deck, tiller with both extensions, factory lights all work. I bought this from the original owner.
1972 112, runs great with deck, blower, blade, lights all work, and electric lift and clutch.
1970 120, runs great with deck. Serial number 001022, 22nd tractor made.
1974 140 H1, runs great with wide deck, all lights work.
1972 110, parts tractor with bar treads and electric lift
RF 112, not have not looked up year yet, runs great, needs new key switch put in. Has deck, blower, and JD cab.
140, H3 did not look up year yet, needs starter and rectifier but ran when parts were taken off.
brass tag blower for 110
New, never installed slab weights with tag still on them.
rear weights, suitcase weights.
43C mid-mount blade with brackets, hard to find
extra decks and such
JD hubcaps
integral hitch, not sure what model it fits, but is old.
There are a lot of extra things that I did not list as you can see in the pictures such as gear drive trans and so forth.
I have had a lot of contact asking to piece out some things, but to be honest I really want to clean out all at once, I hope you understand that this is a difficult decision I am making in selling. I can allow some time for you to come and get the collection as long as it is paid in full before anything leaves. I would want it all hauled out by May 1, 2019 and it will stay dry inside the shed in the meantime. Thanks for looking and feel free to keep asking questions.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
Steve, sending you a PM ... Gabby

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never done a PM, I think I responded correctly but it was hard to tell. I just clicked on reply and then typed in below where your question was. Sorry, new to all this tech stuff!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just remembered that I also have a set of Firestone 23 degree 26x12x12 bar treads brand new mounted on blasted, primed, and painted (yellow) rims. I did them for my 332 years ago and then was going to put them on one of the 140's but never did. I would need an additional $500 or so for those. Also, I have a very large pile of manuals for all sorts of JD stuff from the 70's and 80's that I will consider putting in with the collection as well. A side note, I have been asked by some folks from WFM as well as Craigslist in regards to them buying the collection and then taking the time to price and sell individually and make some money from that and if it would bother me, that is fine with me. I just don't have the time and patience to do that. :)

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
I received your response to the PM. You did a fine job handling the response.

My brother is home from Ohio this week and I have benefit and funeral to attend this weekend so this week is out of the question. I am attending the Portage Garden Tractor Daze next weekend. It would be nice to have some of our rare attachments to display and also let attendees now what we have for sale. Monday will be mow day for me so lets try to get together Tuesday/Wednesday.

I also have new powder coated rims, frts and rears with tires, and whatever. I am not a swap shop or scrapper. I still own most everything I have bought. My goal is not to make money with this purchase but rather to collect some items I would like to have and then break even in the end.

I would be willing to get this transaction complete by next weekend if you are up to it. Let's continue discussion on PM.

... Gabby

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
At this time the collection is spoken for, pending a visit and payment. I will respond when the decision is final next week. The good news is that you will probably see some of the items back on here for sale from the new owner! :) Thanks everyone for the input and questions.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Steve, Congrats on making a deal with Gabby to sell all of your collection. I hope that you are planning to visit the show in Beaver Dam in a couple of weeks. Gabby - Are you planning to bring things to the show?

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
Thanks Mitch.

My tentative plans are to get Steve paid off so i can load up the manuals and some other swap meet items and have them available for a swap meet at Portage Garden Tractor Daze next weekend (July 12-15). At this event I would take suggestions for some items to bring to the 50 Years of Hydro event. My time at this event would be either Friday or Sunday as I have a family event I need to attend on Saturday. I do not have hotel rooms for either event which will complicate attendance plans.

I truly want to attend both just to meet WFM/MTF members ... Gabby

·
Registered
8 Posts
Integral hitch

Just remembered that I also have a set of Firestone 23 degree 26x12x12 bar treads brand new mounted on blasted, primed, and painted (yellow) rims. I did them for my 332 years ago and then was going to put them on one of the 140's but never did. I would need an additional $500 or so for those. Also, I have a very large pile of manuals for all sorts of JD stuff from the 70's and 80's that I will consider putting in with the collection as well. A side note, I have been asked by some folks from WFM as well as Craigslist in regards to them buying the collection and then taking the time to price and sell individually and make some money from that and if it would bother me, that is fine with me. I just don't have the time and patience to do that. :)
I'm interested in seeing the integral hitch. My 216 is in need of one. Any possibility you could post a picture of just that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are still discussing the collection and will get back together again next week. Once we do that, one of us will reply with a picture or whatever of some individual items and the prices. I want to respect the possible new owners decision, I hope you understand. Thanks for checking!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pardon my ignorance. I didn't know that a solid deal was in the works. I was under the impression that the collection was going to pieced out if the whole collection hadn't sold. Any ideas where a cheap guy, like me, can pick up an integral hitch, for a 216, inexpensively?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, we have finalized the deal and the entire collection went to a WFM member! Yay!! The good news is that a lot of the stuff is likely available through him now. I will leave it up to him to post and price. I had numerous inquiry's into a lot of items, but again he will work through that as I will give him all the contact messages. Thanks everyone for the info and assistance!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.