Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what this pulley is for? It was mounted to the pto on my 140h3. I have been looking online but cant find a positive identification. It has 4 bolt holes and mounts on the face of the eletric pto. The closest thing I have found is that there is a pulley that came with a johnson FEL that fit on the 140. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
AM33334. Know the part number well. I was in the market for one for years. Used to sell for around $500 if you could find one. Demand/cost has dropped considerably on this part. Now you see them being sold with the model 542 pto, asking price in $350-$500 range depending on where you are looking.

It is the double pulley that is mounted on pto pulley of Kohler engine tractors. Typical used to drive model 542 pto attachment. The pulley can also be used to drive a hydraulic pump to run a Johnson loader.

Your photos don't show it but there should a bearing mounted in ID of the pulley that rests on the crankshaft to support the heavy weight of the cast iron pulley. Link shows the pulley.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/62303/referrer/search/pgId/240039

I have similar pulley, M121020, mounted on PTO of my 332 to run pump on Yanmar diesel engine to drive hydraulic pump for my Deere model 44 loader. Pulley is also used on Onan and Yanmar gas engines to power quick hitch drive setup for model 47 snowblower and model 51 brooms on 318/322.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is a different one. This one is machined to fit on the front of the pto . On to the part that holds the bearing. Then it bolts on to the face of the other pulley with 4 bolt. There are no other bearings for this one connects completely to the electric pto. Thank you for getting back to me fast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked up the pulley that is on your 332 and it is very similar to what I have. Might be the M121020.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Mounting bolt diameter is different. M121020 is like you said for 318/322/330/332. M121020 is machined out of a block of aluminum.

You have AM33334 with the bearing removed/not installed. Pulley on the left is same pulley as you are showing. This was removed from a 140.

Correction: I am wrong. The two aluminum pulleys are "haban" pulleys used to power haban sickle mower on Kohler engine. They have the same mounting pattern as AM33334 but the puller stands off the mounting flange by about 1" like your pulley. This was provided by Deere but I am having problems finding the part number. Something like M80869.

Gabby

Attachments

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Matt, the part number I was trying to find is M80863. A couple links showing that pulley are attached.

https://www.wfmachines.com/forums/showthread.php/102626-542-front-mounted-pto?highlight=am33334
https://www.wfmachines.com/forums/s...lectric-PTO-Clutch-Question?highlight=am33334

M86063 is a cast iron version of M121020 and fits Onan and Yanmar engines. The pulley you have is the "haban" pulley. I do not think there is a Deere part number for the pulley. The expert on this is a gentleman who goes by MrBeef. He needed the pulley and had extras made to recoup some of his costs. I bought the two aluminum pulleys from him. Send him a PM. He should be able to give you the lowdown.

Gabby

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I will try to figure out how to do that this evening. I don't navigate this site very well. Lol. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Johnson model 12 Loader Pulley is only about 3" in diameter and bolts right to the crankshaft, not to the clutch. It always spins when engine is running.

Could be the pulley for a 318-332 quick hitch. Or a uni-tach quick hitch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to this and I understand this is an old post so please bare with me. I have been doing some research on the AM33334 sheave and I understand they are out there, just not for sale, or rarely for sale. If someone has this sheave, I was wondering if I could get some pictures and specs on the sheave. I have a foundry nearby that I could have some cast and also someone who could machine it to the specs needed. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
580 Posts
No help for sizing, but McMaster Car might have the right size pulleys and be cheaper.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I have two of them but not for sale. Will help with photos/dimensions.

Edit; Johnson loader pulley? ... This post shows sheave AM33334. Apparantly I must have 3 of them per photos in that post.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Sorry, been extremely busy. What do I owe you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts