Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I brought home an '82 212 in well-used but not beaten condition. One of the previous owners disconnected and lost the parking brake lever/nut/knob (items 6, 7 & 8 below) from the operators deck but I have those pieces arriving Thursday and will install them soon after.

I've spent some time underneath trying to figure out how the brake rod (item 1 below) should be positioned when the clutch pedal is depressed but no luck so far. I'm hoping when the replacement lever is installed it'll become more evident. From my manipulations while laying underneath the tractor I'm assuming the parts illustration below has brake rod inverted so the pointy end at the left should actually point more downwards and to the right when installed so it can catch the clutch pedal when the parking brake is on but when I did that manually I couldn't ever get it to release the pedal again no matter how I tried to play with the rod position.

If someone could give an explanation or some pictures of theirs I'd appreciate it.

One other thing. My band brake pad material has been gone for some time, now I'm wearing on the metal of the band. I've looked but cannot find a replacement. Anyone have a source?

Thanks. Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You should probably post your question in the gear drive forum. A lot more traffic there.
And welcome.

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts