Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Happy July 4 !!

Are there numbers or plates or something printed, cast or embossed on the Kohler K series engine *blocks* to tell which model/size they are? I have an engine I think is a 10hp K241 but it has no tins on it. I checked near/around the shaft on the end opposite the flywheel thinking there might be a stamped/embossed number there but there is not. I am pretty sure it is a 10hp K241 out of a late model 110 with hydraulic lift— it still has the green idler pulley on a short arm that matches the drawing on John Deere parts page. Again, I’ve got no tins for this engine, it was in a barn for years and recently given to me by a friend who thought it was a 12hp K301.

Thank You!

[rayg]

4FAFCFBB-A489-433A-9BDC-88BEFBD04CCF.jpeg

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You were looking in the right area but you may need to take a few parts off to get down to
the cast-in number on the block. It's above the PTO, behind the sheaves. Note that some
K241 engines were built with a K301 casting. At the very worst, you might have to pull
the head and measure the bore and stroke.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The only accurate way to tell is to pull the head and measure the diameter of the bore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts