Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some input on this. I have been working on my K181 and notice a couple of things odd about it. My biggest concern is the image posted below. Is this a cast iron patch on the block and if so what is the verdict? New block or is it safe. If it is a patch I am both amazed at the size and disappointed at the possible need for a new block.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other odd thing is the three bolts near the oil pan. I have not seen any reference to these on service manuals and obviously one of the screws is not original. The holes are tapped and appear factory. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys thanks. After all of the work I am putting into this thing I am leaning towards getting another block. It looks like Kohler blocks are out of this world price wise. Anyone know who has a good used block, short block, or engine that is a 1964 model. I have tried real hard to keep it authentic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.