Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 140 H1
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 1993 John Deere 425, I'm told that it only has spark on one cylinder, the dealer ship (non deere) says it's the coil, but from what I read the module or igniter is a problem on these tractors,

Is there a Way to test this to see which is the problem ??

·
Registered
331 Posts
As some of you know, I have been working on a 1972 K241 from a 1972 110 to put in a 1973 110. My question is, the good engine has been sitting for a few years. The intake port has some rust in it, nothing on the valve, just the cast port. Also I pulled the spark plug and a leaf or two fell into the bore.... my bad. It turns over good and builds compression. Should I pull the head and pan and check things or leave it sealed and run it? I just want to do what is best and I tend to think the rings are formed to the cylinder and if I were to rering it maybe its not the best idea. Obviously if I put it in and it smoked real bad, Id be pulling it back out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have been working on a 1972 K241 from a 1972 110 to put in a 1973 110. My question is, the good engine has been sitting for a few years. The intake port has some rust in it, nothing on the valve, just the cast port. Also I pulled the spark plug and a leaf or two fell into the bore.... my bad. It turns over good and builds compression. Should I pull the head and pan and check things or leave it sealed and run it? I just want to do what is best and I tend to think the rings are formed to the cylinder and if I were to rering it maybe its not the best idea. Obviously if I put it in and it smoked real bad, Id be pulling it back out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.