Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the common problem of trying to repower a pair of JD 60s. I just installed an 11 Hp Briggs, but I'm not too happy with that set up yet. I finally came across a Kawasaki 9HP in an RX75 rear engine rider and it looks like it might work well in a 60. Has anyone done this swap yet? Did it work well?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have immediate plans to install the mower deck. As such, I would only need a single pulley, not the original pulley / PTO clutch. If I decide to install the deck or a snowblower, I would consider boring the original pulley to match the 1" Kawasaki crankshaft. This is assuming I correctly understand the situation. Is there any interest in pictures of the 11 HP Briggs install?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had an engine from an RX 75 I was going to do the same thing with, but I found a log splitter that needed an engine instead. It did look like a promising engine to use. They run great and are reliable in my case anyway.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've got my Kawasaki 9 HP engine and I've dropped it between the framerails of my son's 60. Guess what. Doesn't drop in. The main problem I'm seeing is that the carb/air cleaner mounts too far forward and interferes with the grill. Does anyone know of another application for this engine that may have a different carb/air cleaner setup? I've heard that a JD 130 used the engine. Any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.