Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if I have my switch wired right. Looking from the back of the switch. Left is pink and orange. Center is red. Right is purple. Gen light does come on. But nothing happens when I turn the key.This is a brand new harness. Book shows purple on left. Red and pink on center. Orange on right. All this is from looking from the back side. Thanks

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I've bought a couple of RF wiring harnesses from JD and they all work. Use a test light or a volt meter and see if you have 12v on the back of the ignition switch with the key held in the start position, you should have 12v on all 3 posts. The red wire is the power source, the pink wire goes to the coil and the purple wire goes to (assuming that your tractor has both the pto and the neutral safety switch) the pto safety switch first then back to the neutral safety switch then up to the solenoid. If you have 12v at the purple wire with the ignition switch in the start position and engine isn't turning the problem is some were else, not at the ignition switch. Also stick the test light on the small post on the solenoid with the key in the start position for 12v.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Robert, I had a similar problem awhile ago. The connection to the solenoid located under the gas tank had cracked and didn't make a good connection. I tried electrical tape to tighten up and JD 112 1967 started right up. This could be your problem, worth checking.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Does the Gen light come on when you turn the key? That would at least indicate 12V part of the way, but I agree with Edward, pretty simple to trouble shoot. If you don't have the safety switches the purple wire should go directly to the center small post on the solenoid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks . The Gen light does come on . I have 3 3 solenoids all brand new and if I cross the solenoid it turns over .it's a new switch. I am asking what wires go where on the switch as stated above

·
Registered
814 Posts
Not all switches are the same configuration. If you bought it from Deere for your machine it should be the right one. If you picked it up at an autoparts store or truvalue, it may not be correct. Don't ask me how I know :-}

·
Registered
578 Posts
Robert, I sending a correct wiring diagram that was given me when I rewired my '66 110. It was the same date as the tag on the tag in the picture. Hope it will help you figure this out.
The colors in some of the diagrams aren't quite right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.