Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 210 with Kwikway loader that's been sitting in the shed far too long. I would like to work on mounting it on my recently purchased 332? Of course the loader has it's own pump on the 210, but I was wondering if the 332 hydraulics would be enough to handle the loader - as far as lift speed or otherwise?

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
on board wont have enough pressure to lift and most likely not enough volume to raise fast

convert to a belly pump maybe?

·
Super Moderator
3,561 Posts
On the 44 loader the flow rate is designed to run at 4 1/2 to 5 1/4 gallons per minute. The connectors on the front of your tractor will be the limiting factor as they are only rated at 3 gallons per minute. This is a reduction of 1/3 or more in flow. I would guess there is also a difference in pressure.

Reactions: isaac_halverson

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
A loader runs at 1200-1500psi. A 322 is 850 tops. I would just build new pump mount or use a mower mule drive if the pulley is horizontal under the tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the tractor's hydraulics wouldn't be enough but I saw a 140 for sale set up that way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've had an OR-Bilt loader that ran off the tractor's hydraulics and a JD 44 loader that has a separate pump and resivior. There is no contest. The 44 is a far superior loader. It responds and functions like a "real" loader. The OR-Bilt was handy, but lacked lifting capacity and it was sluggish.

So, a loader can be run with the tractor's hydraulics but those that run a separate pump will perform far better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I had a 445 / 40. Even after shimming it was not as strong as a Johnson 12 or 44 or kwickway. All of them can lift a 48 tiller, or 47 chest freezer over the side of a pickup. My 40 failed to tailgate lift either without manual assist. A 48 tiller would require 2 helpers. That ran off 445 hydraulics at 1150 psi

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got a KW on my 332. I think it was for an older Deere originally, maybe a 110?
Anyways, I just wanted to echo everyone's sentiment: Yes, you can run it from on-board hydraulics, but you won't be as happy. It's better than no loader, I guess. By the time you buy fittings and new hoses to plumb it, you're into it quite a bit for sub-par performance. A pump bracket to fit where the mule drive goes, and a simple subframe will fix you right up. I can send pictures of my setup, if you'd like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a KW on my 332. I think it was for an older Deere originally, maybe a 110?
Anyways, I just wanted to echo everyone's sentiment: Yes, you can run it from on-board hydraulics, but you won't be as happy. It's better than no loader, I guess. By the time you buy fittings and new hoses to plumb it, you're into it quite a bit for sub-par performance. A pump bracket to fit where the mule drive goes, and a simple subframe will fix you right up. I can send pictures of my setup, if you'd like.
Kris, it would be great if you could post the pics!

·
Registered
178 Posts
thought you'd never ask!

everybody likes pics lol

First 3 are the unmounted loader

next two are the pump bracket/front support

last two are the tractor. Side tins are off because I changed the fuel filter and havnt replaced the tins. You can see the loader subframes they look like nerf bars. The bolt to the tractor frame in the front and the axle in the rear. Last pic is the axle subframe mount.

I have no idea how much it will lift, I mostly use it to move dirt and rocks and firewood.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts