Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I need diesel fuel for my 332, I usually just grab the fuel container and jump on my 332 (that is about out of fuel too, which only happens about once a year) and drive it to the local gas station a block or two away from my house. Inevitably other gas station customers will be surprised that I am putting diesel fuel in my garden tractor and fuel container, resulting in questions or comments about the 332.

Although I am happy to talk about my 332, I happened to see a label (PN M117621) that I think I will order for the rear of the fender pan says it all. The label states: Liquid Cooled Diesel.

· Registered
635 Posts
I drove a '95 diesel Tahoe for many years. Not many were made with the old 6.5 engine. I've had guys come running out of the shack numerous times to "save"me from filling with diesel. I also got a lot of "is that a diesel?" questions. When I didn't want to engage I'd just say, "no, bad rod knock..."😆

· Registered
573 Posts
I drove a '95 diesel Tahoe for many years. Not many were made with the old 6.5 engine. I've had guys come running out of the shack numerous times to "save"me from filling with diesel. I also got a lot of "is that a diesel?" questions. When I didn't want to engage I'd just say, "no, bad rod knock..."
I get the same comments when fueling my Diesel Cruze

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Registered
146 Posts
My wife had a diesel Jetta years ago and people were always trying to "save" her. Never had anybody comment on my diesel Dodge Ram.

I also have a 332, but I've never driven it to the gas station. I do run fuel stabilizer in it as I only fill it up every other year even though it's my primary mower and snow removal equipment.

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
I have a John Deere tractor for my grandkids, a small battery powered one. Whne I told then they couldn't drive it on the street, they went to the office and got some paper, wrote some letters and numbers on it and tried to convinced me they could now rum it on the street. Papa still said no, no lights.

• Haha
Reactions: DEERE317

· Registered
1,377 Posts
Love the diesel stories. I have on 07 Grand Cherokee with the mercedes 3.0l turbo diesel. I get weird looks and the inevitable "is that diesel or why does it sound like that?"

Awesome you live close enough to ride your 332 to the station.

Put the sticker on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts