Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
100_3400.JPG
And the 318 with 516hrs the PO said "wasn't worth anything" It runs very good There is a 318 on Seattle craigslist for $1800 with less than 200hrs

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
1990 Deere 318

Here is proof you can buy a running 318 for $800 if you don't care what it looks like. I really need to get new pictures after tractor was repainted and bagger installed.

I need another for snow duty.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Fred, I do not know the cause for severe pcp (powder coat peel) on this tractor. Bought from a WFM member just south of Dubuque, Iowa. I do not know storage info but it was just the green parts with peeling issue.

Russ, restoration in process. See attached photos.

• 1990 Deere 318 - M00318X016424
  • Machine hours -1538 hours ... haven't used enough yet to verify hour meter is working
  • 50" deck w/power flow bagger (need to finish installation)
  • Fender deck repainted by body shop
  • Rest of green parts were rattle canned
  • Deck, part of frame, & rear wheels needs repaint yet
  • New tires on front
  • Rear tires will be fluid filled (may be called into duty this winter to run model 47 snow thrower)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Nice restore, If winter duty calls you love the 47" is it ss or th2s? Get chains for the rear, also if you have the 3pt, get the weight bracket and weights. Had equipment 30 years and it is still going strong.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It's not really a restoration. I think it is what another WFM member calls a 100 yard paint job. Looks good from the street.

Picked up the 47, quick hitch w/pto drive, and blade in Ohio 3 weeks ago. The 47 needs some attention. Don't know if the 47 will get it before winter. I have 2 restored model 49's and a rotten shell model 49 that will probably handle the snow duty on my 314 this winter. I am new to model 47's and am not familiar to your acronyms, ss or th2s. Please explain.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
SS - single stage unit, tell by just the side augurs. 2s - means 2 stage, usually the augurs plus the blower which is behind the augurs.

Paint job looks like a 5' job - means it looks good at 5' - from the insurance world or what is a good repair job of a wreck.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
SS - single stage unit, tell by just the side augurs. 2s - means 2 stage, usually the augurs plus the blower which is behind the augurs.

Paint job looks like a 5' job - means it looks good at 5' - from the insurance world or what is a good repair job of a wreck.
thats not the snowblower hes talking about. thats a model 49, and is not quick hitch compatible. In another thread Kelvin has the 47 2-stage for his 318, not a 46 Single stage

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sorry folks if I am making this confusing. Since I am retired I feel I am entitled to multi-task.

I bought a model 49 snow thrower with lunched gearbox for the tall chute that was on it. Shell on same snow thrower is in good shape and is being used to rejuvenate my "test model 49".

Project 1 = finish painting and install chute on my model 49 w/hyd chute rotator and that project is complete.
Project 2 = rebuild, repaint, restore (or whatever is correct terminology us gear heads do with our machines) my "test model 49 snow thrower".
Project 3 = since I have to take model 49 shell to sandblaster, I am stripping down the 50" deck on my 318 so it can be repainted and finish bagger installation. Deck had a power flow on it in a previous life as the mounting holes for all the brackets are there in correct locations.
Project 4 = model 47 restoration which is nothing more than lip service at this time since it's still on the truck and I can't get it unloaded myself. I am starting to collect parts however.

I apologize Fred we are getting out of line with intent to your thread. Will try to bring discussion back in line. Let's see those 318's members .... Gabby

1 - 20 of 55 Posts