Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a front blade for my 70 last night. Could I get the lift link length and pictures showing the 2 ends?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Mike this is the lift link off my 40 blade. It works perfectly on my 70 but was really made for a 100. Questions please ask. You will notice one end is slotted and that goes on the lift lever. It has to be slotted to allow the the blade to float following the contours of you walk/driveway. The other end is a clevis to allow height adjustment. The zig zag is to clear the clutch pedal and front sheet metal. The curve is also for clearance. Not just a simple straight rod is it. Roger

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How wide is that blade? Mine is 42", but its white, so I'm not sure if its the original one for the 60/70. The pivot bracket mounts right up to the tractor.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
It is called a 40 and is just a bit under 42 inches wide. If it is white it is probably a 1969 blade. JD painted some 60/70 equipment Patio white. Decks are fairly common. The speculation back in the day was JD was going to make a Patio 60/70 but sales of the other Patios were so bad that they dropped that idea in a hurry but not before some attachments were painted white. The reason it is called a model 40 is so you can find it in a parts book. RF decks were called 42s and SF were called 43s but all measure about the same width. Basically to help get the right part for the right lawn tractor. Roger

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will make up a rod once I get the briggs repower done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.