Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a log splitter on a 332 diesel? I am wondering if the front hydraulics are enough or is it better to use the rear PTO and an independent hydraulic system for the splitter.

I just installed a CTC fron end loader on my tractor and it works really well. Expensive but high quality.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
best to use a pump off the PTO, the tractor hydraulics don't have much flow to run the RAM.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone used a log splitter on a 332 diesel? I am wondering if the front hydraulics are enough or is it better to use the rear PTO and an independent hydraulic system for the splitter.

I just installed a CTC fron end loader on my tractor and it works really well. Expensive but high quality.
Jack, I have a HM copy 44 loader mounted on my 420 with its own pump. I changed the pump to a 2 stage and added an A/B splitter to run my loader / 3PH splitter. It works great and I don't notice any difference in the loader operation. And no the front hyd. ports don't have enough flow or pressure to operate a splitter efficiently.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jack,

here are some pictures of my setup.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.