Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It been a long time since i have posted on this fourm, pls forgive me if this is the worng place and show me the way.

I got a 140 h3 sn 065778m with a model 33 tiller, but PO did not have any operator manuels, i know enough about the 140 as this is my 2nd, but need help getting a manual for the tiller 33. any help would be great. As by looking up the parts book it looks like I am missing a few parts that will make this all work.

thanks

Steven

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Parts, Repair, or Operators Manual?

I think the 317 tractor Operators Manual has a section in the final pages about model 33 tiller.

Gabby

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot. that has confirmed my thinking and the missing parts, least now I know why it was jumping the tractor forward so much. In hole "A" and no rear drag bar with shovel

as always thank you guys so much for the help, I really love that about this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up a service manual on eBay for my JD 300. Back of manual has a section on attachment. The 33 tiller is one of them. Breakers it down pretty good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am just trying to figure out how to safely remove the large pulley to further inspect the gear box and such, That process is what I can't figure out right now. My gears are good but the bearings and or the hole they go through is really bad. Tiller spins free and nice, but way to much slop in the gear box bearing locations.

if they had a break down of that part the rest I can figure out via the parts Manuel. I have removed the set screws but not sure if the gear needs to come off in order for the pulley and shaft to come out. will have a better look tomorrow. If that is the case should be just a snap ring i would think. and the pulley is just pressed on or rusted onto the shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts