Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Extension for a JD 30 Hydro tiller. The tiller is on my JD 430. I am in Indian Territory. Without the extension it doesn't even get close to coving the tire. Thank for any Help.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Bacoach10,

I used my 30 hydraulic tiller quite a bit and never was concerned about it tilling the full width of the tractor,since overlapping the tilled swath was an easy thing to do. Here is a picture of an old orchard after a rough till session in a single afternoon. The ground had not been worked in many years and the attachment had no issues getting to a full depth in just two passes. The tractor it was on is a 322, which is smaller than your 430 but still no power issues.
rough tilling of front orchard.jpg

Even my wife found the tiller was simple enough to use --
terracing and tilling the side yard 1.jpg

If you do find an extension, below is a manual for it...

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 12 " extension minus blades(you can still buy them from deere) and the rear flap extension, that I would sell for $200 plus shipping from 83832.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think there might be two different versions of extentions based on the serial number brake. The shaft changed from the first year.
Dan

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have seen both the longer shaft, with the pinhole outside the tiller, and the short shaft without the pin hole. So from what I can see on JDParts, it looks like the first year models all had the long shaft, and the later models did not, and therefore required the longer shaft as part of the extension kit. Must have made for some extra work at the Deere dealers to change out the shafts, as most 30 tillers have the extension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My extension also includes the necessary longer 1-1/4" dia. pin.
Hello thanks for the reply. I am interested in the tiller extension. If it will for sure fit as is on my tiller. I can get a pic of my tiller. and numbers off of it . I live in Okmulgee Ok 74447. How much would shipping be?. Does it have or not have the back flap. Thank you and will check for your reply

1 - 13 of 13 Posts