Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have pictures of the main supports that bolt onto the rear frame for a Ruegg hitch fitted to a 314 or 317 (or earlier closed frame 300s if they have the same frame setup)? I have a kit that I’m trying to install onto my 317 that these are interfering with the main frame rails and the rear set of bolts that hold the transmission/rear subframe onto them. Currently looking like I’ll have to notch a large chunk of metal out of it to get it to fit (and then maybe weld some material back in to reinforce it), but was wonder how anyone else had these fitted.
Lynchburg lemonade Automotive tire Cocktail Recipe Ingredient

Wood Gas Art Rectangle Metal

What it looks like I’ll be cutting out.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also does anyone have any idea of if this bracket would need reinforced after having this big of a chunk cut out? 1.5x2.5” IIRC
Wood Gas Art Rectangle Metal

· Registered
762 Posts
Can you drill the plate and put the interfering bolts through it?

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
762 Posts
Ah.

· Registered
6,510 Posts
Did you search JD 317 Reugg 3 pt hitch in the hydrostatic forum...several good threads there. Your photo of what needs to be cut out doesn't show the entire bracket...without that and where it attaches, I can't venture an opinion/advice/tip.

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bicycle part Font Machine Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

(this is a photo of one of the generic rip offs)
These brackets are the big flat verticals with the bronze bushings in them.
Have tried Google searching for stuff of Ruegg hitches on 317’s and haven’t found much.

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried the forum search, it actually brings up useful stuff!
Looking at WFM Files I can’t tell if it’s changes to the tractors or the hitch that different.
Did find this post.
Almost looks like there’s some frame differences, will need to check the parts catalog though.

Have called Bill a few times, current plan is to send the brackets back and he’ll machine them down to fit correctly.

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They were mailed off today. So hopefully will get them back sometime next week. It’s irritating that I’ve had these fitment issues, but I find it great and appreciable that Bill is helping work through them. I doubt the cheaper Amazon and EBay ripoffs of these hitches would offer this type of assistance, rather they probably would’ve said tough luck return it or here is a slight discount for fabbing it yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts