Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. I have several 112s and 110s in various stages of disrepair. I'd like to know what equipment they originally came with and I;m guessing I can figure that out by the type code and serial number. My problem is, I haven't been able to find a good list of type codes or serial numbers to ehlp my figure out which tractor had what equipment. Where's a good place to look? Thanks in advance! Also, I'm curious how common the the head mounted cast iron weight on the 112 with a Tecumseh HH100 is.

· Administrator
6,429 Posts
We had a list from 20 years ago, but the documents attached to the posts have disappeared. So I created a minor one from some pages of OMs here:

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a list from 20 years ago, but the documents attached to the posts have disappeared. So I created a minor one from some pages of OMs here:

Thank you. Unfortunately, those documents contain nothing about 112 Square fenders between 1968 and 1972 (when my machines were built). Is there another document kicking around that might have those listed?

· Registered
33 Posts
I also found this when looking up my 68 112.

· Registered
651 Posts
I would like to lead off with a couple shout-outs to the persons and entities that are responsible for the 1968-1974 John Deere model 110/112 type code information I am about to post.

The first shout-out is to Kent Ortman. Kent was a major contributor to the original WFM site and was a phenomenal source of truly hard to find information. Kent was also instrumental in providing the type code information that was utilized by the WFM founding fathers (Mike Horn and Robb Kruger) when setting up both the registry and tractor lookup features that were on the original WFM website. Regrettably, much of his/their finest work did not survive the multiple platform and/or ownership transitions of this site. Fortunately, all is not lost as some of Kent’s works were published.

The second shout-out is to HAPCO (Historic American Parts Company, Inc) including Brandon Pfeiffer and Kate Goelzhauser. Not only does HAPCO offer an outstanding assortment of parts, they also put out the Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine. The forerunner of which was their LGT News publication which was devoted exclusively to JD tractors.

In late 2002 / early 2003 Kent did a series of articles pertaining to JD type codes that were published in HAPCO’s LGT News. The pdf files below represent the article covering the “flat-fender” 1968-1974 model 110/112 type codes. Special thanks to Kate Goelzhauser (HAPCO) for granting me permission to post the contents of this article here. Without further ado, Kent’s article.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts