Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm having a container delivered next Friday! 40 ft, standard 8' height, about 15 years old but with decent seals and just a plain beige paint job. Buying the container from an individual, and having a local outfit go and get it. $1900 total.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Haven't posted for a long time but... I now have 2-40 foot containers and 1-20 ft container. As soon as the weather clears up a 18ft x 40 ft RV port is going in between the 2-40 footers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here's my new RV carport between my shipping containers.
18ft x40ft x 15ft inside peak ht.
Well anchored with (8) 4ft mobile home-screw in anchors, multiple 4ft rebar anchors and tied into top of shipping container eye hooks for stability.
I paid extra for heavy duty framing and metal thickness
https://www.tristatecarports.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Thanks for the link, Jerry and like your set-up.
I'm thinking of getting rid of the box truck storage & barn lean-to & putting up something more permanent so can store tractor, JDs & work out of the weather without messing up house garage.
Just have to see if they serve my area of country.

Reactions: JDF/ SwampFox

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Looks good Jerry!

Are you parking your bus in there?

Chuck

I sold my bus Chuck and we bought a nice 27 ft Pioneer Fleetwood travel trailer and a F350 Ford dually to pull it with. The camper trailer will be going under the carport when not in use. We are retired now and looking forward to living in our camper off and on through the year traveling. Hopefully... My wife is more of a home body and isn't looking forward to my trips I'll drag here on, lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
Jerry congratulations on your retirement I remember back in the old WFM days the pictures you would post plowing in the mountains with the road grader.

Reactions: JDF/ SwampFox

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
That looks like one of those top secret government bases you see in the movies Jerry.
Check out Andrew Camarata on YouTube, he has a shipping container “castle” he’s building which apparently when he was getting permits the inspector said it was built like a bunker. It looks like a mini fortress.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
WHY DO I SEE THIS ON ALMOST ANY THREAD OVER 6 MONTHS OLD?
(This is an older thread, you may not receive a response and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.)
I HOPE THESE THREADS AREN'T LOST...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
WHY DO I SEE THIS ON ALMOST ANY THREAD OVER 6 MONTHS OLD?
(This is an older thread, you may not receive a response and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.)
I HOPE THESE THREADS AREN'T LOST...
Because (generally new) users would revive 5-10+ year old threads with questions that really could’ve just been asked in a new thread.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
It might be that reviving an old, found thread would be frustrating to some degree if the content used to exist on the forum or say, on one of the online photobucket-type sites, but is no longer there. Like going to the library for more info and learning that the book, etc., is either out of print, has been checked out, or not returned...as in stolen.
A new thread also keeps the thought/question fresh, in that a new question is not linked to an older thread that may deal with a related topic that may or may not be relevant. Some folks may, for example, not know how to search the forum for answers yet.
Just a guess...

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.