Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used LT155 with the Freedom 42 deck attached to replace my LT155 that died.

the other day the synchronous belt broke, and when I took the deck off I determined that the drive belt was worn to the point it needed to be replaced.

the part number for the drive belt is M126009, which I found on the John Deere parts catalog. a check on another site confirms that the M126009 belt is 86" in circumference.

I received the replacement belt today and it's too short--the belt on the deck is 97". I will buy a 97" Kevlar belt at tractor supply, but I'm very curious as to why the discrepancy. anyone have an idea?

my LT 155 S/N is 049256.

thanks!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I bought a used LT155 with the Freedom 42 deck attached to replace my LT155 that died.

the other day the synchronous belt broke, and when I took the deck off I determined that the drive belt was worn to the point it needed to be replaced.

the part number for the drive belt is M126009, which I found on the John Deere parts catalog. a check on another site confirms that the M126009 belt is 86" in circumference.

I received the replacement belt today and it's too short--the belt on the deck is 97". I will buy a 97" Kevlar belt at tractor supply, but I'm very curious as to why the discrepancy. anyone have an idea?

my LT 155 S/N is 049256.

thanks!
Could be a difference in serial number breaks. It helps knowing your tractor and mower serial numbers when you look up parts. Usually the far right column in the parts list will show the differences in what parts go with certain serial numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts