Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,431 Posts
I will take a guess. Did you break the bolt off that hold the pto on. I would drain the oil, remove the battery and turn the tractor on its side. Drill a hole in the broken bolt and remove it with an easyout. I have a 178, easiest starting rig that I have.

· Registered
2,268 Posts
Yup what Ed said. Might have to siphon some gas out too. Get a good e z out set and high quality bit. You get one shot at getting that thing centered and drilling straight. Not simple but certainly doable. I can’t remember breaking that bolt but yes that the motors crankshaft.

· Registered
1989 318
3,165 Posts
Does anyone have a drill press that will run in reverse? Asking for a friend 🤣
My father had a small benchtop drill press that had a fwd/reverse switch on it. I remember this because he was having difficulty drilling in hard maple and thought his bits were dull. He bought new bits and still had problems so he called and asked if I could help. As soon as I saw the bit start to turn it was obvious to me what was going on. On some motors you can change a jumper to reverse the rotation. On a belt drill drill press you could possibly twist the belt to reverse the rotation on one pulley. I have never tried this but it seems like it might work in a pinch.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts