Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was mowing with my LX255 yesterday and for first time ever, it started to run/act strangely... like maybe there was water in gas or it had sucked up some dirt. Played with choke to keep it running and get back to house. added some dry gas just in case, looked at fuel filter--it was new new, only about a month old--and it looked clean and didn't show any water.

I tried to re-start and again first time ever, starter just ran and ran and ran and it would not start. On third try to spin it up to start, I turned the key to ON and instantly, the starter began turning the engine WITHOUT me turning the key all the way to start! I tried working the key through all positions... did get engine to pop and run, but starter stayed on and engaged.

Finally, I shut it all down, shook my head, and covered it up. I then walked indoors, all the while praying that the "fix" would be something that wasn't a big deal.... It was really too late then for me to start figuring it out.

Does anyone have an guidance or experience they can share about this. I have never had the starter just run in the ON position before with any tractor. Is it the key problem? I see the key wire goes to a circuit board...is the board dead?

Thank you ahead of time for your help and info!

[rayg]

· Registered
762 Posts
Sounds like you have an internally defective key switch, or circuit board. Also look for a key on power wire is rubbed through against the starter solenoid wire.

Reactions: chevy2003
1 - 2 of 2 Posts