Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 LX288 with new plugs, oil, air filter, fuel pump, swapped coils and still same issue... mow for awhile, hit reverse pull pto mower wants to die... baby it a bit, go down to next turn around, pto down, pull switch lights up fine... next turn around doesnt want to take off. What is going on!! acts like gov doesnt want to keep up!. New fuel pump too... swapped coils and same issue! Cooled down a bit, shroud off, hold butterfly on carb and run gov but hand when hit pto and it keeps going... i cleaned all the linkage real well too... My idea is either carb needs gone through or gov gear inside motor is acting up... Somebody help!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Steve, can you clarify your description? I can't tell what you are doing with the PTO when the problem starts. Regardless, if the tractor mows fine and keeps mowing fine until you start moving the PTO switch, then you have an electrical problem - it has nothing to do with the carb or governor. If that is the case, I would be checking the seat switch, the brake safety switch, the RIO switch, and the PTO switch itself.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts