Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to post some pictures showing how the manual lift assist spring attaches to the underside of the tractor? Or could point me to a thread showing this already? I'm fairly certain I have the front side figured out, but very unsure on the attachment point for the rear side. Would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
From what I have seen, there are two different styles of attachments to the frame near the shifter opening. The one I had was just a hook, but I have seen one with a strap that you use a carriage bolt. The both connect through the same hole,

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I am not sure if you can see it in the this picture. The hole referenced is right near where the big variator spring attaches. You can see that attachment point in this photo.

(Message edited by treed on December 16, 2014)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Roger FYI 63 110 helper spring used a flat plate for the helper spring I can't upload a picture sorry about that!!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Roger sorry you are correct!! I misunderstood. Terry I will email you a picture tomorrow.
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, that is very helpful. The one I found came with the flat strap and not the hook, is it possible to attach the strap to a 67 with out modifying it? Or is it just a matter of drilling a hole near the shifter to attach a bolt?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.